From the Chair, Marie C. Marianetti
Faculty members in the Department are committed to excellence in narrative and analytical historical reading and writing. They offer a variety of services to students who wish to improve their reading or writing skills, or who wish to pursue a historical problem in more depth than class time permits. Students may also study with members of the faculty on independent reading or research projects. - Marie Marianetti
History Department's Mission Statement
Through research, teaching, and community outreach, the Department of History seeks to explain how different societies have changed over time. Our research and teaching emphasize the critical analysis of primary sources. We help our students and the wider public understand the implications of changes in the past for the world today.
*NOTICE**: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the History Department is working remotely Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM. If you would like to contact the Department, or if you have general questions, please email Laura Guerrero, Office Assistant, or Professor Marie Marianetti, Department Chair, through the following options:
- Email: Marie.Marianetti@lehman.cuny.edu, Laura.Guerrero@lehman.cuny.edu
- Click here for Zoom Video Conferencing (for Laura Guerrero):
- Click here for Cisco Webex Conferencing (for Laura Guerrero)
- Click here to view Information for History Majors and minors!
- Click here for Summer 2020 Common Advising Dates