Journalism Internship at El Diario/La Prensa – El campeón de los hispanos
The nation’s oldest Spanish-language daily newspaper
Candidates can send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 30, 2012.
- Currently enrolled in a continuing education program, two-year or four-year-college or graduate program.
- ilingual (Spanish/English) reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Completed coursework in news reporting.
- Basic multimedia skills and ability to work across multiple platforms.
- Solid research skills, especially around NYC and Latino issues
- Interest in journalism, Latino studies, or policy research.
- Ability to dedicate 14 hours per week and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with social media.
Responsibilities may include
- Editing videos.
- Writing for different platforms.
- Research assistance on news stories and special projects.
- News reporting or preparation of news briefs.
- Monitoring coverage of specific issues.
- Reviewing letters to the editor.
- Editing and fact checking.
- Opportunities to…work in multimedia in opinion, sports, news, entertainment and other sections of the paper; participate in meetings and events; and develop strong sense of newsroom operations.
Note: We will not make you fetch coffee!