Welcome to Biology Major Advising Center
You can find answers to common questions and issues by clicking our FAQ page. If the answers do not resolve your issue, please follow the instructions below to schedule an appointment.
To schedule an appointment:
- Click the big blue button "Schedule an appointment" button below
- Use your Lehman email user name and password to sign in
- Click "search availability" at the left
- Use the drop-down menu under "Center" to select "Biology Major Advising"
- Choose from the available slots
- If you do not see any availability, try leaving the boxes for "Reason" and "Location" blank.
- Biology Advising Office: Davis Hall 134
- E-mail: email@example.com
Message From the Advisor: Dr. Maryam Bamshad
The faculty at the Department of Biological Sciences is committed to providing the diverse undergraduate student body a rigorous and nurturing academic environment for their successful graduation. The courses offered by the department will provide our students with the most current information in modern Biology. In addition, the department offers a number of programs to support students in getting hands-on research experience. I have prepared the following guidelines to help students succeed in obtaining their degree and in finding the career of their choice:
- A Guide to Success in Biology
- Graduation with Departmental Honors
- Achieve a cumulative index of 3.2 and an index of 3.5 in the biology major for a minimum of 24 credits of courses taken at Lehman College.
- Satisfactory completion of Bio 490 with a faculty mentor.
- A Guide to Finding a Career in Biology
- A Guide to Information For Biology Majors
- A Guide to Choosing a Major
Students planning to attend graduate school, nursing school or other health professional schools should seek advice from their respective advisors early in their academic career.