Tri-Beta Biology National Honor Society
Chi Psi Chapter - Lehman College
Why Join A Biology Honor Society?
The honor society is dedicated to improving the understanding of biological studies through scientific research and has many benefits:
- An honor to list on your resume.
- An opportunity to publish undergraduate research in the BIOS journal.
- An opportunity to apply for research scholarships and grants.
- An opportunity to apply for awards based on excellence in research.
- Be part of a national organization with biology students.
- Become an officer and gain leadership skills.
- Receive a subscription to BIOS journal.
- Be officially inducted into an honor society.
- Receive a graduation honor cord and a membership certificate.
- Participate in events sponsored by the Tri-Beta Lehman chapter.
- Participate in meetings to discuss current research topics.
- Serve as student research ambassadors for the campus.
To Join, you must:
- Be a Biology major.
- Have a 3.3 GPA in the major.
- Agree to attend Tri-Beta meetings regularly.
- Taken 3 or more Biology courses at Lehman.
- Have at least one year to graduation.
Grant & Research Documents
- Research Grant Application (Link be valid again Summer 2017)
- Sample Grant Application
- FAQs about Grants
- Co-President - Confidence Njokuaustin
- Social Organizer - Emily Mora
- Historian - Janneth Garcia
- Secretary - Open
- Treasurer - Open
- Adviser - Maryam Bamshad