Assistant Professor, Inorganic Chemistry
Office: Davis Hall D-103
- B.Sc., University of Bucharest, 1995
- M.Sc., Coordinative compounds, University of Bucharest, 1996
- Ph. D., University of Bucharest, 2001
My entire research was focused generally on materials chemistry mainly on sol-gel processes, monodisperse particles and carbon multiwall nanotubes for advance materials preparation.
At Lehman my research program is focused on:
- Study on inorganic and hybrid Sol-Gel materials with applications in hermetic coatings for electronics such as OLEDS.
- Fundamental study on the mechanism of formation of the hybrid organic-inorganic gels using spectroscopic methods.
- Preparation of oxide mono-disperse particles for targeting of the cancer cell and for Drug Delivery.
- Investigation of the optical properties of oxide thin films prepared by sol-gel.
Peer-reviewed publications published in the last five years
- A. Jitianu, M.-S. Kim, D. Andreescu, and D.V. Goia, “A simple preparative route to highly stable dispersions of uniform silver nanoparticles”, Journal of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology – 9 (3), 2009, 1891-1896.
- A. Jitianu, G. Amatucci, Lisa Klein, Phenyl-Substituted Siloxane Hybrid Gels that Soften below 140oC Journal of the American Ceramic Society – 92 (1), 2009, 36-40.
- A. Jitianu, G. Amatucci and L.C. Klein “Organic-inorganic Sol-Gel Thick Films for Humidity Barriers” Journal of Materials Research – 23(8), 2008, 2084-2090.
- O. Siman, A. Jitianu, M. Bele, P. Grom, E. Matijevic, “Amplified light scattering and emission of silver and silver core–silica shell particles” J. Colloid Interf. Sci., 309(1), 2007, 8-20.
- D. Predoi, O. Crisan, A. Jitianu, M.C. Valsangiacom, M. Raileanu, M. Crisan and M. Zaharescu “Iron oxide in a silica matrix prepared by the sol–gel method” Thin Solid Films, 515 (16), 2007, 6319-6323.
- A. Jitianu, A. Britchi, V. Badescu, C. Deleanu and M. Zaharescu “Influence of the Alkoxy Group of the Si-Alkoxides on the Sol-Gel Process and on the Structure of the obtained Gels” Rev. Roum. Chim. 52(1-2), 2007, 93-99.
- A. Jackson, A. Jitianu, and L.C. Klein, “Development of Hermetic Barrier Using Vinyl Triethoxysilane (VTEOS) and Sol-Gel Processing”, Materials Matters (Sigma – Aldrich) 1, 2006, 11-13.
- A. Jitianu, M. Raileanu, M. Crisan, D. Predoi, M. Jitianu, L. Stanciu, M. Zaharescu
“Fe3O4-SiO2 nanocomposites obtained via alkoxide and colloidal route”, Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, 40(2/3), (2006), 317-323.
- D. Predoi, V. Kuncser, M. Zaharescu, A. Jitianu, M. Crisan, W. Keune, B. Sahoo, G. Filoti, M. Raileanu, “FexOy-SiO2 nanocomposites studied by Mossbauer spectroscopy”, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 8(2), 2006, 518-522.
- A. Barau (Szatvany), M. Crisan, M. Gartner, M. Zaharescu, A. Ghita, V. Danciu, V.Cosoveanu, I.O. Marian, A. Jitianu, “Photothermal and photocatalytic processes on TiO2 based materials prepared by sol-gel method” J. Sol-Gel Sci. & Technol, 37, 2006, 175-178.
- M. Raileanu, M. Crisan, C. Petrache, D. Crisan, A. Jitianu, M. Zaharescu, D. Predoi, V. Kuncser, G. Filoti. "Sol-gel FexOy - SiO2 nanocomposites”, Romanian Journal of Physics 50, 2005, 595-606.
- A. Jitianu, T. Cacciaguerra, M.-H. Berger, R. Benoit, F. Béguin, and S. Bonnamy “Carbon MWNTs – TiO2 New nanocomposites obtained by sol-gel method”, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 345-346, 2004, 596-600.
- M. Raileanu, M. Giubelan, M. Zaharescu, A. Jitianu, I. Peleanu, A. Meghea, "C60 Based Hybrid Nanocomposites Obtained in the Presence of Ultrasounds", J. Sol-Gel Sci. Technol. 31, 2004, 51-58.
- M. Zaharescu, M. Crisan, L. Predoana, M. Gartner, A. Jitianu, D. Cristea, S. Degeratu, E. Manea,
"Inorganic and Hybrid Sol-Gel Films with Optical Properties", Nonlinear Optics, Quantum Optics, 32, 2004, 95-110.
- D. Predoi, V. Kuncser, M. Zaharescu, W Keune, B Sahoo, M. Valeanu, M. Crisan, M. Raileanu, A Jitianu, G. Filoti “Structural and magnetic properties of iron species/SiO2 nanocomposites obtained by sol-gel methods” Physica Status Solidi C: Conferences and Critical Reviews 1(12), 2004, 3507-3510.
- A. Jitianu, T. Cacciaguerra , R. Benoit , S. Delpeux , F. Béguin and S. Bonnamy “Synthesis and characterization of carbon nanotubes–TiO2 nanocomposites” Carbon 42, 2004, 1147-1151.
- L.A. Stanciu; J.R. Groza; A. Jitianu; M. Zaharescu. “Structural Evolution during Reaction to Form Aluminum Titanate from Sol-Gel Precursors”. Materials and Manufacturing Processes 19, 2004, 641-650.
- M. Buhlert, M. Gartner, M. Modreanu, A. Jitianu, R. Gavrila, A. Awad, P.J. Plath, “Characterization of Electropolished Aluminium Surface”, Galvanotechnik, 7, 2004, 102-110.
- A. Barau, M. Crisan, M. Zaharescu, A. Jitianu, D. Crisan, “WC powders obtained by sol-gel and coprecipitation method” Rev. Roum. Chim. 49, 2004, 205-212.
Selected Papers published in Proceedings and presented at Conferences and Scientific Meetings
- A. Jitianu, J. Doyle, G. Amatucci, L. Klein, “Methyl-modified Melting Gels for Hermetic Barrier Coatings” Proceeding at Material Science & Technology, Pittsburgh 2008, p. 2171-2181
- A. Jitianu, M. Raileanu, M. Crisan, L. Stanciu, M. Zaharescu, “Fe3O4-SiO2 nanocomposites obtained via alkoxide and colloidal route”, 13th International Workshop on Sol-Gel Science and Technology”, University of California, LA, August 21-26, 2005, p.299-300
- A. Barau, A. Jitianu, M. Crisan, D. Crisan, N. Dragan, M. Zaharescu, “Structural characterization of TiO2 based films prepared by sol-gel method”, 13th International Workshop on Sol-Gel Science and Technology”, University of California, LA, August 21-26, 2005, p.301-303
- M. Raileanu, M. Giubelan, M. Zaharescu, A. Jitianu, I. Peleanu, and A. Meghea, “Effect of precursors and ultrasounds on the properties of some C60-doped sol-gel silica materials” Proceedings of the "The XI International Materials Research Congress", Cancun, Mexico, August 25-29, 2002, Edited by: T.M. Lopez, D. Avnir, and M. Aegerter. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003, Included in: “Emerging Fields in Sol-Gel Science and Technology", pag. 165
- M. Zaharescu, V. Badescu, A. Vasilescu and A. Jitianu, “Contribution to the sol-gel chemistry in silica based systems” Proceedings of the "The XI International Materials Research Congress", Cancun, Mexico, August 25-29, 2002, Edited by: T.M. Lopez, D. Avnir, and M. Aegerter. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003, Included in: “Emerging Fields in Sol-Gel Science and Technology", pag. 157
- M. Crisan, A. Jitianu, M. Zaharescu, F. Mizukami, S. Niwa, L. Stanciu, J. Groza “Oxide nano-powders obtained by sol-gel method" in: Nanoscience@Nanotechnology, 3 eds. E.Balabanova, I.Dragieva, Heron Press, Sofia, 2003, p.48-51
- Y. Altindag, A. Jitianu and M. Wark “SnO2 nanoparticles in the pores of non-structured SiO2 and of Si-MCM-41:Comparison of their properties in gas sensing” Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium and Nanoporous Materials, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 12-15, 2002, Edited by: A. Sayari, Dept. of Chemistry, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5, Canada, and M. Jaroniec, Dept. of Chemistry, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA, Elsevier, Included in series Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, Vol. 141 pag 653.
- R. Bîrjega, R. Ganea, C. Nenu, G. Pop, A. Jitianu Al-MCM-41 Synthesis studies using Al-isopropoxide as Al source Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium and Nanoporous Materials, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 12-15, 2002, Edited by: A. Sayari, Dept. of Chemistry, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5, Canada, and M. Jaroniec, Dept. of Chemistry, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA, Elsevier, Included in series Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, Vol. 141 pag. 151
- Hybrid nanocomposites for Nanotechnology: Electronic, Optical, Magnetic and Bio/Medical Applications”,“Sol-Gel Hybrids for Electronic Applications: Hermetic Coatings for Microelectronics, and Energy Storage”, by A. Jitianu, and L.C. Klein , ed. L. Merhari, Springer, 2009
- Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, "Characterisation of iron oxide nanoparticles in the Fe2O3-SiO2 system, obtained by sol-gel method" by A.Jitianu, M. Crisan, A. Meghea, I. Rau, M. Zaharescu, Edited by E. Andronescu, D. Dascalu, I. Kleps, L. Pavesi under Romanian Academy Ed., Bucharest 2002, p.19
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011