Vassilios N. Gargalas, Ph.D.
Office: Carman Hall, Room 382
Phone Number: 718.960.8507
- Ph.D. in Finance, New York University
- M.Phil. in Finance, New York University
- B.Sc. in Economics, Athens University, Greece
Dr. Vassilios N. Gargalas is currently an Associate Professor of Finance at Lehman College in New York. He has previously served on the faculties of New York University, Fordham University, University of Bridgeport, Western Connecticut State University, Touro College, as well as other institutions in the United Stated and Europe. Dr. Gargalas teaches courses in corporate finance, investments, international finance, and financial institutions. His primary areas of research and publication have been related to corporate finance and financial institutions.
Dr. Gargalas received his B.Sc. from Athens University of Economics, his M.Phil. from New York University, and was awarded his Ph.D. in Finance from New York University. He has consulted with a number of financial institutions including Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Aetolian Capital, etc.
- Gargalas, Vassilios N. (60%) and Teall, John L. (40%) “Asset Management,” Hossein Bidgoli (ed.), The Handbook of Technology Management: John Wiley and Sons, Chapter 34.
- Gargalas, Vassilios N., 2008. “Collateralized Debt Obligations, Credit Default Swaps, and Loan Sales: The Implicit Relationship.” American Journal of Business Research, (May), Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 31-40.
- Vamvoukas, George A. and Gargalas, Vassilios N. (70%), 2008. “Testing Keynesian Proposition and Ricardian Equivalence: More Evidence on the Debate.” Journal of Business and Economics Research, (May), Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 67-76. (Testimonial from professor Vamvoukas is supplied)
- Gargalas, Vassilios N., 2007. “Degree of Complementarity among Off Balance Sheet Items: The Empirical Evidence.” The Business Review, Cambridge, (December), Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 1 - 9.
- Gargalas, Vassilios N., 2007. “Standby Letters of Credit and Loan Sales; Joint Products?” The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, (September), Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 29 - 36.
- Gargalas, Vassilios N. (translator) Principles of Economics by Carl Menger. Translation from English into Greek, 366 pages. Herodotus Publications, Athens Greece (2007).
- Teall, John L., Gargalas, Vassilios N. (50%,) and Wu, Tzyy Jeng, 2006 "Internet-Based Trading and Open Outcry Markets: The Changing Roles of Options Exchanges and Market Makers." Journal of Internet Business, (September), <http://jib.debii.curtin.edu.au/issues.htm>. Twelve printed pages. (Testimonial from professor Teall is supplied)
- Gargalas, Vassilios N. (60%,) Teall, John L., and Knopf, John D., 2003. “Shareholder Wealth, Risk-Taking and Thrift Institution Governance.” Journal of Financial and Economic Practice, (Fall), Vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 92-108. (Testimonial from professor Teall is supplied)
- Kraizberg, Elli and Gargalas, Vassilios N. (60%), 2002. “Why New Ventures Grant Employee-Stock-Options.” Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance and Business Ventures (Fall), Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 83-103.
- Panas, Epaminondas, Vamvoukas, George, and Gargalas, Vassilios N. (40%,) 2002. “Further Evidence on Sim’s Argument Concerning Monetary Policy Shocks,” The Indian Economic Journal, (Spring), Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 73-85.
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011