Office: Carman Hall, Room 363B
- Ph.D., New School for Social Research
- M.Phil., New School for Social Research
- M.A., City College, City Univ. of New York
- B.S., Salem State College
- Dene Hurley and Nikolaos Papanikolaou, (2018), "An Investigation of China-U.S. Bilateral Trade and Exchange Rate Changes Using the Autoregressive Distributed Lag Model", Economic Papers, doi.org/10.1111/1759-3441.12206.
- Amod Choudhary and Nikolaos Papanikolaou (2017), "U.S. Public Pension Funds and Risk Seeking Behavior of Money Managers: The Path to Alternative Investments", International Journal of Business and Finance Research (IJBFR), Volume 11.
- Anwar Shaikh, Nikolaos Papanikolaou, Noe Wiener, (2014) “Race, gender and the econophysics of income distribution in the USA”, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Vol. (415) (December), pp. 54-60.
- DelaCruz, JJ, Papanikolaou, N and Wu, R (2013), “The Influence of Imprisonment on HIV and its Impact on Health-Related Inequalities in New York City”, International Journal of Economics and Business Research, 6 (2):115-126.
- Madrick, Jeff and Papanikolaou, Nikolaos. (2010). ‘The Stagnation of Male Wages in the US’, International Review of Applied Economics, Vol. 24(3) (July), pp. 309-319.
- Ghilarducci, T., Holder, M., Madrick, J., Papanikolaou, N., and Schelefer, J. (2008). ‘Infrastructure for America’s Economy: Evaluating the Evidence’, in The Promise of Public Investment, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis, (May), pp. 21-31.
- International Atlantic Economic Society, 86th Conference, New York City, October 11 to October 14, 2018. "Impact of the Great Recession and financial crises on family income shares and income inequality."
- Iona College, Summer Symposium, New Rochelle, NY, June 23, 2018. "Analysis of U.S.–China Commodity Trade using ARDL Approach." [with Dene Hurley]
- The Eastern Economic Association, 44rd Annual Conference, Boston MA, USA, March 1 to March 4, 2018. "Panel Logit Regression Model in Investment Decisions Between Traditional and Alternative Asset Allocation of Public Pension Plans." [with Amod Choudhary]
- The New York State Economics Association, 69th Annual Conference, Farmingdale State College, USA, October 7 & 8, 2016. "An Investigation of China-U.S. Bilateral Trade and Exchange Rate Changes Using the ARDL Model." [with Dene Hurley]
- Academy of Business Research, Spring 2016 Conference, New Orleans, LA, USA (2016). "Public Pension Funds and Alternative Investments: Does Political Affiliation and Language Sway Pension Fund Money Managers to Redirect Investments into Alternative Assets." [with Amod Choudhary]
- Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office: The Colors of Inequality, Costs and Consequences. UU-UNO Intergenerational Spring 2016 Conference. (Panel: Nikolaos Papanikolaou, Lehman College/CUNY; Janet Gornick, Stone Center on Socio-Economic Inequality, Graduate Center/CUNY; Mark Sheskin, Yale University; Yuval Elmelech. Levy Economics Institute, Bard College).
- 2014 American Economic Association Annual Meeting, January 3-5, Philadelphia, PA., Jan 04, 2014 12:30 pm, Philadelphia Marriott, Meeting Room 306, Race, Ethnicity and Economic Policy. [with Juan Delacruz]
Advisor: College Fed Challenge Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- 1st Place College Fed Challenge, Maiden Lane Division, 2017
- 1st Place College Fed Challenge, Maiden Lane Division, 2015