Skip to Main Content
Skip to Main Navigation
- Davis, Jessica Hoffman (2008). Why Our Schools Need the Arts. (Teachers College Press).
- Eisner, Elliot. (2004). The Arts and the Creation of Mind. (Yale University Press).
- Dewey, John. (1934). Art as Experience. (Penguin)
- Greene, Maxine (2001). Variations on a Blue Guitar: The Lincoln Center Institute Lectures on Aesthetic Education. (Teachers College Press)
- Greene, Maxine (1995). Releasing the Imagination: Essays on Education, the Arts, and Social Change. (Jossey Bass).
- Gulla, Amanda. (2007). Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackboard: Nurturing Creativity and Developing Voice in the Preparation of English Teachers. (The New Educator, Vol. 3 Issue 4).
- Gulla, Amanda, Pinhasi-Vittorio, Limor and Zakin, Andrea. (2009). Exploring relationships between aesthetic education and writing across the curriculum using poetry. Across the Disciplines, 6.
- Gulla, Amanda. (2009). Changing Things as They Are: Promoting Social Justice Through Encounters with the Arts.
- New York City Writing Project (2012). The Writing Life: A Portrait of Amanda Gulla.
- Sullivan, Anne McCrary (2000). Notes from a marine biologist’s daughter: On the art and science of attention. Voices Inside Schools: Harvard Education Review.
- Wolf, Dennie Palmer (1987). The Art of Questioning. Academic Connections.