From the Program Coordinator, Sheila Blachman
Welcome to the Lehman College Online Gifted and Talented Program and thank you for your interest in the program. The faculty at Lehman is committed to preparing competent, qualified, and caring educators for diverse urban settings. The program is guided by the Lehman Urban Transformative Education (LUTE) framework, which meets the needs of students for academic as well as professional excellence and recognizes difference and diversity as foundations for learning and teaching.
The Online Specialized Certification in Gifted Education is for currently certified teachers!
Add a Gifted Education NYS Certification to your list of credentials (PDF details)
Understand the psychology, characteristics, and abilities of gifted students in an inclusive setting
Learn instructional strategies for high potential students
Increase your earning potential
- Four courses (12 Credits)
- One-year program with all courses completed ONLINE
- Program begins July 12th, 2017
- Each course involves 10 to 15 hours of observation and fieldwork
- Access to a computer and the internet is required
The Summer 2017 Program starts July 12th - Apply by June 1, 2017
- Visit Graduate Admissions website to apply. Download our 2017 application guide (PDF) to assist with registration.
- Complete the required application fields and upload documents (No GRE required)
- Application Deadline: June 1st, 2017
- Contact Dr. Sheila Blachman at email@example.com