TASK 1: PLANNING
- Part A: Context for Learning Information (Template)
- Part B: Lesson Plans for Learning Segment
- Part C: Instructional Material
- Part D: Assessments (Blank assessments, at least one per lesson)
- Special Education Part D (Assessments and/or Data Collection Procedures)
- Elementary Part D (Literacy Assessments)
- Examples include, but are not limited to: paper and pencil test(s), quizzes, worksheets, exit tickets, list of writing prompts, list of oral questions, etc.
- Part E: Planning Commentary (Template)
USER GUIDES (click/below)
- How to combine Powerpoint or SmartBoard lessons into instructional material; Scan with phone app; Using photos in Word docx; Using Adobe Acrobat Pro for combining PDFs.
1. Always check YOUR content area HANDBOOK for specific requirements listed in the "Evidence Chart."
2. Download CONTEXT FOR LEARNING + PLANNING COMMENTARY TEMPLATESfrom YOUR Taskstream account.
3. Look at question prompts AND rubrics before writing.
4. Complete Task 1: Planning Parts A - E BEFORE teaching learning segment.
We support the technical requirements by providing the following User Guides and general instructions.
Most Content Areas
All final submissions to Taskstream MUST be a PDF or Word doc/docx. Below are a number of ways that you can include and/or combine your SMART Board lessons, assessments, student work and feedback, photos of 3D student work, etc into the requirements mentioned above.
- Using a SMART Board Notebook or PowerPoint file: If you are planning to use the SMART Board or PowerPoint in any of your lessons, put them all in a single NOTEBOOK or PPT file. Separate the lessons with a title slide that clearly identifies Lesson 1, Lesson 2, etc.
If you need to combine SMART Board lessons and doc/docx documents, first save SMART Board lesson as PDF and Word docs as a PDF then follow user guide #6a.
- Scanners: To scan instructional material or student work samples/worksheets/other [with or without candidate feedback], visit the Lehman College IT Center in Carman HallClick correct month for hours.
- Scanning with Free Mobile Apps: To scan instructional material or student work samples/worksheets/other [with or without candidate feedback], download an app to scan/photo and email back to yourself as a PDF or jpeg image.
Inserting Photos (using camera, phone, etc.) of 3D objects, student work samples, etc.
NOTE: ALL Your evidence must be submitted in 1 document or PDF, even though it covers 3 - 5 lessons. [Student Work Samples are submitted as individual files. See Task 3]
5a. Copy/Paste all evidence into 1 file clearly divided by TITLES for that topic. [See TITLE GUIDE above]
6a. Combine multiple PDFs into 1 file: If you have multiple PDFs, combine into one PDF file either by scanning all files into one file (see scanning options above) OR merge all the PDFs using Adobe Acrobat Pro [Adobe Acrobat Pro].
- Scan all files into one using scanning options/apps above
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro to Merge Multiple PDFs