Voices of Our Students & Faculty
Candidate to Candidate: Reflections on Taking edTPA
Roshawna Cooper, a graduate of Lehman College in Childhood Education and participant in our School of Education Spring 2013 edTPA pilot, is in a series of videos now posted on the AACTE edTPA webste. Along with three other teacher candidates, Roshawna was recruited to talk about her experience in completing the edTPA and how it has impacted her teaching practices. The four field test participants to talk about major takeaways, biggest challenges and decision points and to offer advice to other candidates for successfully completing the edTPA process.
Lehman College edTPA Orientation
May 10, 2013
- Ashley Velasquez, Childhood Education Student Teacher
- Roshawna Cooper, Childhood Education Student Teacher
- Dr. Christy Folsom, Associate Professor, Childhood Education & College Supervisor
- Andrea Barra, Moderator & Assessment Coordinator/TQP
NOTE: Please allow a moment for videos to load.
1. What did seeing yourself on video teach you about your own practice?
2. How did the video give you ideas about ways to change your future teaching practice?
3. How did completing the edTPA prepare you for being a better teacher?
4. What advice would you give to help student choose their focus students?
5. What role does your cooperating teacher play in getting to know your students?
6.Dr. Folsom discusses setting criteria for evaluating students.
7a. What is your advice to Lehman teacher candidates who will be doing the edTPA?
7b. ...advice to Lehman teacher candidates continued.
Last modified: Mar 24, 2014