MS - CST Prep Workshops
FREE CST-Multi-Subject Test Preparation Workshops For Lehman College School of Education
students and alumni ONLY!
For more information contact Michael Shapiro and let him know you are a Lehman Education student:
Phone: (718) 960-7861
Lehman College Office Hours (Carman Hall, B54) are generally on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12-6 all year long.
About the Instructor:
Dr. Michael Shapiro coordinates the Leap To Teacher program at Lehman College. He has provided New York State teacher certification exam preparation workshops at Lehman, other CUNY sites, the NYC DoE and elsewhere for many years. If you have any questions, concerns or issues with any aspect of your preparation, please contact Dr. Shapiro.
Welcome to Lehman College’s Multi-Subject CST Exam Prep Workshop. This workshop is designed to help you prepare to take the Multi-Subject CST exam so you can do your best to be successful. The following documents contain much useful prep and practice material. Go at your own pace. Keep in mind that the more you are diligent with your practice and preparation, the better you should do on the exam.
Complete Prep Workbook
This module contains the complete Multi-Subject CST prep workbook. It is very comprehensive and interactive. It covers all aspects of the exam – multiple choice and writing.
- Introduction and Overview: This chapter provides an overview of the CST, what to expect, how to prepare, its challenges, formats and scoring system.
- Written Response Chapter: This chapter contains sample Written Response prompts, a model being successful. Examples and several practice prompts that you can do and then email to Dr. Shapiro for his review and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multiple Choice Intro and Overview: This chapter provides a methodology for doing your multiple choice practice as well as helpful guidelines.
- Mixed Subjects MC Practice 1: This chapter (and the next 4) contains typical multiple choice questions in which different subjects are mixed as is done on the exam. Note that an answer key is provided for each question that provides detailed information about the topic of the question. So don’t just look to see if you got the correct answer. Read the answer key to learn more!
- Language, Literature and Writing MC Practice: This chapter (and the next 7) contains typical multiple choice questions on a subject-by-subject basis. This should help you determine where to concentrate your knowledge acquisition.
- Visual Based Questions: This contains questions that are based on the visual presentation of information such charts, graphs and drawings. These kinds of questions can apply to all broad subject areas.
Reference and Study Material
This module contains material for you to brush up on concepts, facts, names etc. pertaining to the broad subject areas covered on the CST.
- Subjects and Topics: This is a list of subjects and topics that tend to be addressed on the CST. You should know SOMETHING about each of them.
- Test Your Knowledge: This is an alphabetic list of terms, people etc. that you should have some familiarity with – that is, if you came across them when reading something, you should have some idea of what is meant. See how many you know and then fill in the blanks.
- Model Questions: How much are you expected to know about, say, Charles Dickens or the U.S. Constitution? Read and find out.
- English Language Arts: This (and the files below contain study and reference material by broad subject area. Use it as you see fit.
- Literature and Arts
- Ancient History
- World History
- American History
- New York History
- Social Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Health and Fitness
XAM Study Guide and Online MC Practice
Learn about the XAM publishing company’s CST study guide and online multiple choice practice module.
Last modified: Mar 11, 2014