Stefan Becker - Teaching
I am currently teaching two courses: Introduction to Geography (GEH 101/501) and Weather and Climate (GEP228/501).
“Introduction to Geography” is a great course to get started in the fascinating field of Geography. The course will introduce you to the basic concepts of Geography. To give you a few ideas: You will learn about map making, hurricanes and weather forecast, problems with our reliance on fossil fuels, political conflicts in the Near East, issues related to population growth, cultural diversity in the United States, economic growth in China and many, many more interesting topics. Take the course and you will see the world from a different perspective.
After taking “Weather and Climate” there will be many things happening around you that will make sense to you. For example, you will know ...
- why we see so many hurricanes in some years,
- why you sometimes can see two rainbows,
- what is the truth about climate change,
- why we get so many tornadoes in the U.S.,
- why the weather forecaster often does not get it,
- the names of the clouds you see,
and many more interesting facts. This is a course about science which you face and experience every day.
Photos: Excursion to Belize 2010