Faculty Developement Project
Announcing BRIDGING THE COLLEGES
- A Faculty Development Seminar for Community and Senior College Faculty in the Bronx
- What are the academic literacies students need to succeed at CUNY?
- What are the broad purposes of courses in the General Education curriculum?
- How can collaboration among faculty in the CUNY Bronx schools smooth the transition from community to senior college?
- What can we learn from visiting each other’s classrooms?
- What can this collaboration teach us about the values we bring to our classrooms, the differences in our disciplines, and the ways we teach?
Join 12 CUNY faculty in a new initiative, Bridging the Colleges, during the 2009-2010 academic year. Explore the above questions in an interdisciplinary, inquiry-based seminar in which we examine theories and practices related to literacy development across the curriculum and design curriculum projects with colleagues from sister schools.
4-7 PM on the following Mondays:
- October 19, November 16, December 14, February 8, March 15, April 12 (location will rotate)
- May 14: Final Presentation
- Seminar leaders: Professor Linda Hirsch, Hostos & Professor Robert Whittaker, Lehman
- Open to all full-time faculty at Bronx Community College, Hostos Community College, and Lehman College. Experience in Writing across the Curriculum and/or General Ed courses preferred.
- Applications due by September 25, 2009
For a fuller description of Bridging the Colleges, go to http://www.lehman.edu/academics/general-education-test/college-project.php
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011