Faculty Danna Ethan
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Number: Gillet Hall, Room 334
Rank: Assistant Professor
Degrees and Sources of Degrees:B.A., Franklin and Marshall Coll.; M.S.W., New York Univ.; M.A., Ed.D., Teachers Coll., Columbia Univ.
Dr. Ethan is Assistant Professor and Director of the Undergraduate Health Education and Promotion Program in the Department of Health Sciences at Lehman College, CUNY. Dr. Ethan earned her doctorate in health education from Teachers College, Columbia University, and received her graduate training in social work from New York University. Dr. Ethan’s research interests are in college health promotion and urban health disparities.
- Health disparities, health determinants, college student health.
- Ethan, D., Basch, C.H., Rajan, S., Samuel, L. & Hammond, R.N. A comparison of nutritional content of food products on circulars for grocery stores in highest- versus lowest-income NYC zip codes. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2014;11:537-547.
- Ethan, D., Rennis, L., Samuel, L., Seidel, E.J. & Basch, C.H. A review of college-level health textbooks for coverage of type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Health Education Journal. 2014;73(2):217-227.
- Samuel, L., Basch, C.H., Ethan, D. & Hammond, R. An analysis of sodium and fat contents of food products advertised in Bronx-based online grocery store circulars. Journal of Community Health. (Epub ahead of print, February 1, 2014).
- Basch, C.H., Hammond, R.N., Ethan, D. & Samuel, L. Food advertisements in two popular parenting magazines: Results of a five-year analysis. Global Journal of Health Science. 2014; 6(2):175-82.
- Ethan, D., Samuel, L., Basch, C.H. & Hammond, R. Disparate advertising of sugary drinks: An analysis of beverages promoted in circulars from grocery stores in high- and low-income New York City zip codes. Journal of Community Medicine and Health Education. 2013; 4:e1.
- Ethan, D., Samuel, L. & Basch, C.H. An analysis of Bronx-based online grocery store circulars for nutritional content of food and beverage products. Journal of Community Health. 2013; Jun; 38(3):521-8.
- Basch, C.H., Ethan, D. & Rajan, S. Price, promotion, and availability of nutrition information: A descriptive study of a popular fast food chain in New York City. Global Journal of Health Science. 2013; 5(6):73-80.
- Basch, C.H., Samuel, L. & Ethan, D. Obesity, diabetes and heart disease: Consequences of globalization on population health and the importance of social change. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education. 2013; 51(4):185-197.
- Ethan, D., Basch, C.H. & Rajan, S. Promoting healthy vision in children through the use of social marketing. Journal of Mass Communication. 2013; 3:e140.
- Ethan, D. & Seidel, E. On the front lines of student crisis: Urban community college professors' experiences and perceived role in handling students in distress. Student Affairs Journal. 2013; 31(1):15-26.
- Seidel, E., Ethan, D. & Basch, C.H. Using social media to connect college students with mental health services. Journal of Mass Communication and Journalism. 2013; 4:e1.
- Basch, C.H., Ethan, D., Rajan, S., Samayoa-Kozlowsky, S. & Basch, C.E. Helmet use among riders using the Citi Bike bicycle-sharing program: A pilot study in New York City. Journal of Community Health. Published online: 01 November 2013.
- Ethan, D. & Basch, C.H. Using social marketing as a tool to increase helmet use among bicycle-share riders in urban settings. Journal of Mass Communication and Journalism. 2013; 3:e7.
- Rajan, S, Basch, C.H. & Ethan, D. Observational data collection of environmental and behavioral characteristics: Strengths, limitations, and implications for health communication. Journal of Mass Communication and Journalism. 2013; 3:e141.
- Ethan D, Basch C, Platt R, Bogen E, Zybert P. Implementing and evaluating a school-based program to improve childhood vision. Journal of School Health. 2010 Jul; 80(7):340-5.
- Implementing and Evaluating a School-based Program to Improve Childhood Vision. Ethan, D., Basch, C., Platt, R., Bogen, E. & Zybert, P. Journal of School Health. 2010; 80(7):340-345.
- Promoting Healthy Vision in Students: Progress and Challenges in Policy, Programs and Research. Ethan, D. & Basch, C. Journal of School Health. 2008; 78(8):411–416.