Faculty - Anne Reid
- Social psychology, self & identity.
I am particularly interested in the content and structure of the self-concept, social identification, collectivism, and intergroup/intragroup behavior. My current projects concern:
- the relationship between social identity-specific collectivism and group behaviors such as political activity and leisure behavior;
- the connection between identity-specific collectivism, attributions for success and failure, intergroup bias and conflict resolution;
- acculturation beliefs of immigrant and nonimmigrant New Yorkers; and
- predictors of feminist identity.