Program Retention Policies
In order to remain in the program, students are required to demonstrate professional behavior consistent with the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers.
A minimum grade of C is required to progress in the following courses:
- from Human Behavior and the Social Environment I (SWK 305) to Human Behavior and the Social Environment II (SWK 306)
- from Social Work Practice I (SWK 311) to Social Work Practice II (SWK 312)
- from both SWK 306 and SWK 312 to Fieldwork Seminar I (SWK 440) and Fieldwork I (SWK 470)
- from Fieldwork Seminar I (SWK 440) to Fieldwork Seminar II (SWK 441)
- from Fieldwork I (SWK 470) to Fieldwork II (SWK 471).
A student who does not achieve a minimum grade of at least C in each of the following courses: SWK 305, 306, 311, 312, 440, 470, 441, and 471, will be dropped from the Program. Students who are dropped from the Program may reapply when they have a G.P.A. of 2.7. If readmitted, they may repeat any of these courses only once, in accordance with the College policy.
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011