The Faculty Writing Development Program
The Faculty Writing Development Program is a year-long initiative led by the WAC Coordinators with support from Writing Fellows. It is designed to
- provide in-depth support to a core group of faculty implementing WI courses across a range of disciplines;
- disseminate teaching practices developed in the initiative to other Lehman faculty.
Faculty participants are recruited at a three-day WAC Faculty Development Institute in June of the year prior to their participation. Working with a Writing Fellow, the faculty participants:
- experiment with innovative writing assignments and pedagogies over two semesters;
- plan and teach a WI course in the Spring semester;
- document and assess the work done in the WI course in a course portfolio;
- share resources from WI courses for workshop and faculty development purposes;
- participate in monthly professional development meetings with their Writing Fellow.
A Writing Development Grant is awarded to all faculty who participate in the Writing Development Program. Faculty selected to participate in the three-day introductory seminar also receive a stipend. For more information, contact the coordinators at 718-960-5825.
Last modified: Oct 19, 2011