Guidelines for Submissions to the Lehman College Blogs
Feb. 14, 2012
Please keep your submissions to about 200 words. It's fine to add photos and links that directly relate to your story. This is a moderated blog meaning that submissions are reviewed before being posted.
- Edit your submission, if needed, for spelling, grammar, or length
- Publish your story on Lehman's web and social media sites
- Decline to publish your submission
What we ask of you:
- Keep it Real. We invite submissions that relate to the subject of the blog. Please stay on topic and respond to the question(s) being posed. We are seeking genuine and authentic stories that provide insight into the richness and depth of your Lehman experience. If you have questions or feedback about the blog, please click on our feedback page. If you have ideas or suggestions for the College, please go to Innovations@Lehman.
- Be Respectful. Please write in a manner that is civil and respectful of others and maintains their privacy.
- Be Accurate & Responsible. Do not infringe on the intellectual property of others or include inappropriate, copyrighted, confidential or proprietary content. Also, please review your submission for grammar and spelling. The College's Editorial Style Guide may be a useful resource (see http://www.lehman.edu/media-relations/website-services.php).
- Complete required permission. If you are planning to upload pictures, podcasts or videos of others, please ask them to sign the appropriate release form (Model Release Form for photos or the Podcast/Video Release Form) from http://www.lehman.edu/itr/web/. Keep the original signed form(s) for your records, and forward a copy to the moderator of your blog. Your blog cannot be posted until the appropriate form(s) are completed and received by your moderator.
What you can expect from us:
- Timeframes: One of our moderators will review your submission, usually within five business days.