CN STEM RESEARCH ACADEMY
SPRING 2015 SEMESTER
SCIENCE COURSE for HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORES AND JUNIORS
This course is designed for highly motivated HS sophomores and juniors with strong interest in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields. It is a genetics course that focuses on the use of DNA in solving FORENSIC MYSTERIES and its role in biodiversity and conservation laws.
DNA Detective is a High School credit course which leads to our college-credit Summer Science Academy or the Summer Program Research component. With successful completion of this course along with the additional eligibility requirements, students will qualify for our Summer Program and have the choice of either:
* A science course (3-5 college credits depending on the course), OR
* A 1 college-credit Research Internship AND a stipend
To qualify for the STEM Research Academy, students must have:
- 80+ in Overall HS Average
- 80+ on one Math Regents
- 80+ on Living Environment Regents
In addition, students must:
- Have successfully completed all other HS requirements to date
- Be committed to both Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 semesters (Summer Semester runs from July to August)
There are additional requirements for the Summer Programs.
The Spring 2015 DNA Detective class will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:10 - 5:50 PM in the Lehman College campus.
To download the application, click here.
For more information, contact College Now @ 718-960- 2595 or College.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fax applications to 718-960-5551 or email to email@example.com.
View the flyer here.
Last modified: Dec 19, 2014