At the Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute, we want to help CUNY students travel for study or service to Mexico.
- Help you identify the programs that are right for you– your field of study, your time, your budget and more
- Advise you about existing programs that we endorse and help you research other programs
- Connect you to free legal services to apply for Advance Parole (if applicable)
- Provide partial scholarships for study abroad
Huitzilin Experiencias En Comunidad, Tlaxcala, Mexico A Cultural Immersion Program
- When: July 1, 2017 – July 30, 2017*
- Where: San Francisco Tetlanohcan Tlaxcala, Mexico
- Who: CUNY Undergraduate and Graduate students.
A small group of undergraduate and graduate students from CUNY will travel to Tlaxcala for a month to engage with and learn about popular social movements and organizing efforts in Mexico. HUITZILIN’s goal is to raise awareness about the reality and struggles of people in Mexico in order to create, share and expand visions of social justice.
Students must apply to participate and will be evaluated by the following criteria: Spanish: written and spoken ability; seriousness of purpose/interest.
Full cost of program per person: $850.00, Includes housing and meals, ground transportation, insurance, program fees.DOES NOT INCLUDE: AIRFARE, meals during travel, or incidental expenses.
Fees: Upon acceptance a $50 deposit is required to hold the spot, $800 is due May 31st.
APPLICATION DUE 11:59PM MAY 1, 2017
|5/5/17||Finalization of flights|
|6/8/17||Finalization of flights|
|7/1/17||Arrival date (Participants must be ar CDMC Int. Ariport by 2:00PM|
|7/1/17- 7/30/17||Program Length|
* Some dates might change
- Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-577-4080.
A program from a partner we endorse. Click on image for more info.
Benemérita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Puebla, Mexico: An Introduction to Migrant-Sending Regions in Puebla, Mexico and Academic and Cultural Tour
- Photos coming soon
Oaxaca, Mexico 2017: Education that is Multicultural
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico 2016: Service Learning at Centro para los Adoloscentes de San Miguel de Allende
Oaxaca, Mexico 2016: Education that is Multicultural
Puebla, Mexico 2015: Documentary Filmmaking: ¡Salud! Myths and Reality of Mexican Immigrant Health
Traveling with DACA
Programs From Our Friends
An Introduction to Migrant-Sending Regions in Puebla, México An Academic and Cultural Tour