CUNYfirst Information for Staff
- Advantages of CUNYfirst
- Activating Your Lehman E-mail Account
- Claiming Your CUNYfirst Account
- CUNYfirst Training Schedule
- Employee Self Service Training
- Faculty and Staff Training Guides
- Staff members will have a single user name and password for all CUNYfirst applications.
- You can directly connect via the Internet to CUNYfirst Portal from any location. CUNYfirst is not connected to the current CUNY Portal.
Human Resources Self-Service
CUNYfirst offers staff members a direct way of maintaining much of their personal information:
- View, on demand, your personal information and work history.
- Change your personal e-mail addresses (your Lehman e-mail address must remain your primary address), emergency contacts, and professional memberships.
- Provide documentation to update changes and confirm current information for your:
- Home address
- Marital Status
- Name Change
- Social Security Number
- New or re-submitting I-9
- New or advanced degrees
- Honors and certifications
Campus Solutions: Instruction and Advising
Staff members who provide advising services to students will have easier access to information, using Advanced Advisement Tools:
- See, in real time, student transcripts, current class schedule, and contact information, with the ability to contact students directly through CUNYfirst.
- E-mail an individual student or all your student advisees.
- Contact your advisee’s instructors through CUNYfirst.
- A University-wide standard process will post grades electronically. This will enable quicker postings to student transcripts, which will support timely registration for pre- and corequisite requirements.
CUNYfirst will send messages ONLY to your Lehman e-mail account. Please be sure that your account is activated.
Most faculty and staff members already have a Lehman e-mail account. The format follows this sequence: first name / period / last name @lehman.cuny.edu. Example: email@example.com. E-mail accounts for faculty and staff who were new to Lehman as of Fall 2011 were generated at the beginning of the semester; the same process was generated for Spring 2012. Contact the IT Help Desk in Information Technology Resources to check on the status of your account.
Last modified: May 28, 2013