Forwarding your Lehman Email
23 August 2006
To automatically forward your Lehman
email to another address
- Login to your Lehman email account using Web Mail (http://mail.lehman.edu).
Forwarding cannot be setup through Outlook or other desktop programs.
- Click on the Options link on the navigation bar on the left
- Click on the Forwarding link on the Options page
- Enter the email address to which you want to forward the mail and
click on the Start
button. To end mail forwarding, return to the same page and click
on the Stop button.
- You should test that forwarding is working correctly.by checking
the account to which you are forwarding mail. A mistyped address
will result in mail being lost. Note that some "junk" mail
filters may flag forwarded mail as unwanted mail and move it to special
- Mail in your Inbox at the time of activating mail forwarding will
not be forwarded. You can forward these items individually if you
want copies of existing mail on your other email system.
- Replies to forwarded mail will appear to be coming from the
system on which you are reading the mail, not your Lehman
address. This may create problems when replying to subscription
lists which will only accept mail from the subscribed address.
- You can still use your Lehman email account while mail forwarding
is in effect
- Don't forget to update the forwarding address if you change your