Graduate Bulletin 2013-2015 » Academic Programs and Courses » Counseling, Leadership, Literacy, and Special Education » Graduate Programs in Special Education » Admission Requirements to the 36-Credit M.S.Ed. Program in Students with Disabilities Grade 7-12 Generalist
Admission Requirements to the 36-Credit M.S.Ed. Program in Students with Disabilities Grade 7-12 Generalist
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate grade average of 3.0.
- An Initial or Professional New York State Certificate in teaching in a content area at the grades 7-12 level, or 6 semester hours at the graduate or undergraduate levels in each of the following subject areas: mathematics, English language arts, social studies, and science. Students who do not meet this admission requirement may be advised to take additional coursework as co-requisites to the program to remediate any academic deficiencies.
- An essay outlining career goals.
- A graded scholarly paper from either an undergraduate course or a graduate course of study previously completed.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of having taken the Academic Literacy Skills Test.
- Participation in an interview.
Last modified: 7/30/2015