General Admission Requirements for Matriculants
- To be admitted, an applicant must:
- Possess a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university. Submit official transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Foreign Transcript Evaluation Agency. Approved evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Agencies website (www.naces.org). Official transcripts and other documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a notarized English translation. The evaluation and translation should be completed 8-10 weeks prior to the deadline. Students in their final undergraduate semester should submit the official transcript of coursework completed to date. Upon graduation, students must present additional transcript showing the degree awarded. Lehman graduates who have attended other colleges are required to submit official transcripts from those colleges.
- Have demonstrated the potential to successfully pursue graduate study, that is, have attained a minimum undergraduate grade average of B in the field selected for the graduate major and a minimum grade average of B- in the undergraduate record as a whole (higher in some programs). For more specific information, see the Graduate Program Adviser.
- In all but education programs, have taken a minimum of 18 credits of previous work acceptable to the appropriate department in the proposed graduate major. For education programs, consult the departmental Graduate Program Adviser.
- Submit a 500-word essay outlining your career goals.
- If applying to the program in Accounting or Business, submit an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
- If applying to the English program, History program, Public Health program or Speech program, submit a score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Submit letters of recommendation as required by the individual program.
- If conditionally admitted, satisfy the conditions within the specified time period.
- Meet additional departmental admission requirements, as specified.
- If submitting academic records from a non-English speaking country, demonstrate competency in English through TOEFL IBT score of at least 61 or the Academic IELTS score of at least 6 (higher for some programs).
Last modified: 7/30/2015