Social Studies Education Admissions Requirements
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university, with a Grade Point Average of 3.0 in the undergraduate major and a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.7 in undergraduate work. If conditionally accepted, must earn 3.0 in courses designated by the Program Coordinator.
- Bachelor's degree must be in History or any of the social sciences.
- Students must have at least one undergraduate course in the following areas: Lehman undergraduates can satisfy these requirements prior to admission in the master's program by choosing courses for their distribution requirements in the areas listed.
- Political science
- Two history survey courses, one in U.S. history and one in European or world history.
- The New York State LAST (Liberal Arts and Sciences Test) must have been taken and scores submitted to the Program Coordinator. If conditionally accepted, scores must be presented by the end of the first semester student is matriculated.
- Candidates must schedule an interview with the Social Studies Program Coordinator that includes a transcript review.
- If conditionally accepted, make up deficiencies by the end of the third consecutive semester of matriculation.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 500-word application essay on interest in the program as it relates to long-term career interests.
Last modified: 5/10/2013