Graduate Bulletin 2013-2015 » Academic Programs and Courses » Middle and High School Education » Advanced Certificate in Social Studies Education (24-27 Credits) » Social Studies Education Advanced Certificate Admission Requirements
Social Studies Education Advanced Certificate Admission Requirements
- Possess a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university that meets New York State's requirements for a general education core in liberal arts and sciences.
- Possess a master's degree in an approved social studies content area.
- Have completed a minimum of 36 credits in history or in an approved social studies content area.
- Submit scores on the NYS ALST Teacher Examination and the NYS Content Specialty Test (CST) in Social Studies.
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue graduate study successfully by having a master's Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation and a 500-word essay on career goals.
- Participate in an interview.
- Satisfy appropriate voice, speech, and health standards.
- Meet additional departmental, divisional, and New York State requirements, if any.
- If conditionally admitted, make up requirements starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
Last modified: 9/6/2013