Bilingual Extension Advanced Certificate Admission Requirements
- Possess a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- For Sequence 1, possess New York State certification in early childhood education, childhood education, or literacy Birth-grade 6 at the early childhood or childhood level.
- For Sequence 2, possess New York State certification in teaching children with disabilities at the early childhood or childhood level.
- For Sequence 3, possess New York State certification in middle childhood education, adolescence education, or literacy grades 5-12 at the middle childhood or adolescence education level.
- For Sequence 4, possess New York State certification in teaching children with disabilities at the middle childhood or adolescence education level.
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue graduate study successfully by having an undergraduate index of B or a master's degree.
- Demonstrate the study of a language and culture other than English (12 credits) or an equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate the study of cultural perspectives of one or more bilingual populations (at least 3 credits). Candidates may take ESC 769 or another course selected in consultation with the adviser to meet this requirement.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation.
- Participate in an interview which requires producing a writing sample in English and in the native language.
- Satisfy appropriate voice, speech, and hearing standards.
- Meet additional departmental admission requirements, if any.
- If conditionally admitted, make up requirements starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
Last modified: 11/20/2014