The Center is working with Lehman faculty to develop an interdisciplinary minor in Human Rights and Peace Studies. Lehman teachers are also encouraged to contact the Center to share ideas for courses relating to human rights and peace studies in their respective disciplines.
In addition, the Research Committee of the Center is currently working with the Human Rights and Peace Studies Working Group -- a group of students whose senior theses or class projects relate to human rights/peace studies and faculty who contribute support and feedback. The group’s participants will present work at the provost's annual Scholarship Day on May 5, 2011.
The group meets on a regular basis and interested students and faculty are welcome to join the meetings!:
- Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Location: Carman 221
- Contact the Research Committee of the Center for Human Rights and Peace Studies for more information:
- Prof. Chiseche Mibenge: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Alyshia Gálvez: email@example.com
Members of the working group will also be invited to attend a speaker/conference series related to Human Rights and Peace Studies over the coming semesters, details to be announced.
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011