April 6, 2009 (Vol. 9, No. 6)
Need Help Applying for Citizenship? Visit CUNY on the Concourse April 18
In celebration of Immigrant Heritage Week (April 17-23), CUNY on the Concourse will cosponsor a five-borough Citizenship Application Assistance Day on Saturday, April 18, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Experienced lawyers and other immigration professionals will be on hand to help participants in filling out forms if they meet the following naturalization requirements:
- Residency in the U.S. as a permanent resident for five years, or three years of permanent residency if married to, and living with, a U.S. citizen.
- Physically present in the U.S. for half of the five- or three-year period.
- At least 18 years of age.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
- A Green Card
- All passports since obtaining a Green Card
- Social Security Card / Selective Service Card
- Marriage / divorce history
- Home addresses for the last five years
- Children's information (date of birth, address, etc.) for all children
- Employment history for the last five years
- Criminal history (if applicable)
Please note that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Servies (U.S.C.I.S) requires a $675 filing fee, which includes a fingerprinting fee. It is not necessary to bring the fee to this event.
For more information, visit www.cuny.edu/citizenshipnow. To R.S.V.P. for the CUNY on the Concourse event, or any of the other events scheduled for Immigrant Heritage Week, call 212-568-4676.