An Invitation from the President
Dear faculty, staff, alumni, and friends,
In 2018, Lehman College will celebrate 50 years of preparing students for success in professional careers, graduate study, and lifelong learning. This milestone is also a challenge: to become the premier public college in the region and a national model of achievement in urban higher education.
The Campaign for Lehman College is a critical part of our strategic plan. It is designed to enhance the College’s academic and cultural programs, expand its facilities, increase its community outreach, and increase its overall impact as an institution of excellence.
Our goals include:
- Phase II construction of our state-of-the-art, “green” science facility, which will further invigorate faculty and graduate research, and prepare additional Lehman students for advanced careers across the range of science disciplines.
- Endowment and scholarship support to draw exceptional students to Lehman’s programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and the professions.
- Endowment and research support to attract outstanding faculty and provide resources necessary for cutting-edge research and notable scholarship.
- Support for academic programs, technology, and equipment to enhance educational experiences and encourage new methods of teaching and learning.
- Support for community outreach to expand the College’s regional presence and broaden access to its educational and cultural resources.
I urge you to consider contributing to the Campaign for Lehman College. Join with me and the entire Lehman community in building the future for the families and communities of The Bronx and the New York City region. To learn more about the campaign and to make a gift, please read our Case for Support.
Ricardo R. Fernández, President
Herbert H. Lehman College
The City University of New York
- Projected Goal for 2015:
- Total philanthropic support raised through July 1, 2014 in cash and pledges: $56,936,093