New Excelsior Scholarship Will Enable Many New York State Residents to Attend CUNY for Free
The new Excelsior Scholarship is the first of its kind in the country, and will enable many New York State residents to attend a CUNY college tuition free.
Recipients of this award must have a family income of $100,000 or less; attend full-time; and complete 30 credits per year. An Excelsior Scholarship recipient can receive up to $5,500 from the Excelsior Scholarship, minus any amounts received for TAP, Pell, New York City Merit Scholarship or other scholarships. Awardees must also agree to reside exclusively in New York State and not be employed in any other State for a continuous number of years equal to the duration of the award. If you have questions regarding the Excelsior Scholarship at Lehman please visit the Excelsior Scholarship FAQs .
Who can apply for the Spring 2018 semester?
- First time college students
- Students who did not apply for the Fall 2017 semester and have accumulated 15 credits in that same term
- Students who have caught up on their credit requirements
Follow these 3 easy steps prior to applying for the Excelsior Scholarship:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for TAP
- Complete the Excelsior Scholarship Application by 12/4/17
Please have your FAFSA and TAP in place before applying for the Excelsior Scholarship
If you have any questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org