- How will I know if a course uses Blackboard?
- What equipment and skills do I need to use Blackboard?
- How can I learn to use Blackboard?
- How do I access my Blackboard courses?
- Change your Password/Forgot Your Password
- What do I need to know about logging into the CUNY Portal?
- How does my student email account relate to Blackboard and how do I activate my email account?
- What is the Student Online Privacy Notice
- Where can I find additional assistance or information?
The course instructor will inform you if Blackboard is used in your class and how it will be used. Not all Lehman courses use Blackboard.
- A computer capable of running any of these certified or compatible operating systems.
- Access to the Internet through a high speed network connection or a broadband internet service provider.
- A certified or compatible web browser.
If you don’t have the items described above at home, you can use a computer in an on-campus lab.
- An e-mail account and the ability to send and receive e-mail and e-mail file attachments. The default e-mail account used by Blackboard is your Lehman College e-mail account. You cannot change to another account in Blackboard but you can have e-mails sent to your Lehman account forwarded to another account such as a gmail or yahoo e-mail account.
- The ability to use a browser to navigate the Web, the ability to navigate among multiple open windows, and the ability to open, close, and save files and attachments.
- A Blackboard User Account. If you register for a course that uses Blackboard, a Lehman Blackboard administrator will automatically create your account. Your Lehman College e-mail address is directly linked to your Blackboard course. Activate your Lehman College e-mail account. If you are not sure how to activate your Lehman College e-mail account, click here.
- Any additional requirements as requested and specified by the course instructor, such as access to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Reader, Real Player, or other specialized hardware or software.
Students usually find Blackboard very intuitive and easy to navigate. They often don’t require any special Blackboard training. Your course instructor should provide you with a brief orientation to the course site, explaining how to navigate the site, the location of content and learning materials, and any Blackboard features or tools used in the course. The Blackboard tools and features used may vary from instructor to instructor and from course to course, some instructors do not use it.
If you are registered for a course that is completely online, go to Online Student Orientation.
You must have a Student CUNY Portal account to access Blackboard. Applicant accounts will not display your Blackboard courses.
- With a Web browser, go to http://www.lehman.cuny.edu
- Click on the top right link that says Blackboard.
- Click on the top right Blackboard button.
- Click on the Login button.
- Enter your username and password. Your Lehman College e-mail address is directly linked to your Blackboard course. Activate your Lehman College e-mail account. If you are not sure how to activate your Lehman College e-mail account, click here.
- Click on “Login.” Your Lehman Blackboard page will be displayed along with links to your courses.
- For direct access to the CUNY Portal or Blackboard, go to CUNY Portal and Blackboard 8 Login.
- Go to http://www.cuny.edu/portal-login.html.
- Click on the Login button.
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link below the username and password text boxes.
- Follow the instructions. Enter last name, SSN, and date of birth.
- Click on next and confirm.
- When you see your username, enter your new password and confirm by re-entering your new password.
- If assistance is needed with the password change process, contact the help desk at 718-960-1111.
- You must have a Student CUNY Portal account to access Blackboard. Applicant accounts will not display your Blackboard courses.
- Your Blackboard Courses will be located in the Blackboard 8.0 Link on your CUNY Portal login page. Your CUNY Portal username is different than your Lehman College e-mail username. If you forgot your portal username and password, simply go to the portal and click on the "Forgot Your Username and Password" link on the CUNY Portal login page. Follow the instructions to obtain your Username and/or password.
- When you log into Blackboard, you may not see all links for all the Lehman courses for which you are registered because some course sites are created as unavailable. Ask your instructor if he/she will be using Blackboard and will make the course available for your class.
- If you are registered for a course that is completely online, go to Online Student Orientation.
- For additional information, go to online courses.
- Your Lehman College e-mail address is directly linked to your Blackboard course. Activate your Lehman College e-mail account. If you are not sure how to activate your Lehman College e-mail account, click here.
- If you are not receiving e-mails from your professor in Blackboard, update your e-mail address on your Blackboard welcome page. On the left side of your screen you will see a link to update e-mail. Click the link and add your e-mail address as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org. Push the submit button and your e-mail address will be updated. Blackboard will only accept CUNY e-mail addresses.
This document addresses the rights and responsibilities of students in regards to their e-mail, personal disclosures, acceptable use, online behavior, academic honesty, and publication and distribution of their work.
- An online Frequently Asked Questions database addresses some of the most common inquiries of students.
- Lehman College offers a regular schedule of Blackboard-related training workshops each semester and provides individual consultation and training, department-specific training and hybrid online training upon request. Requests for specialized training or information about any aspect our services should be e-mailed to Steve Castellano at email@example.com or call our Lehman Tech Help Line at 718-960-1111.
- Students who are enrolled in Asynchronous courses and are experiencing difficulties communicating with your instructor should contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Online Education (Carman Hall, Roon 337,) 718-960-8345 or e-mail Professor Robert Whittaker, Associate Provost and Director of Online Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011