Named after the founding president of Lehman College, the Leonard Lief Library is a state-of-the-art research facility housed in a modern, four-story building. The collections, staff members, and programs support Lehman's undergraduate and graduate curriculum. Reference librarians provide assistance to students, faculty, and visitors and offer bibliographic instruction sessions. In addition to the Reference Desk and instructional support services, members of the Library faculty are available by appointment for individual consultations on research projects.
This website has links to the CUNY+ library catalog, licensed electronic databases and journals, plus a collection of authoritative research websites. Electronic resources are available to the Lehman community off-campus and onsite. We offer an open stacks book collection of 575,160 volumes, which is supplemented by a microfilm collection and growing media holdings. The Library is a designated Federal depository for government documents.
Students and faculty may borrow books from other CUNY libraries directly from the CUNY+ catalog. Graduate students and faculty may request books and journal articles from libraries outside the CUNY system via Interlibrary Loan.
A continually updated Reserve collection includes current textbooks, journal articles, and course materials.
Library collections and services include the following:
- Laptops and E-Readers may be borrowed at the Circulation Desk
- State-of-the-art laboratory classrooms, equipped with audiovisual and computers, are used for research training by Library faculty. These open labs provide students with Internet access, as well as popular software programs.
- The Access and Technology Center, located on the second floor, provides assistive equipment and software to support students with special needs.
- The Graduate Research Room on the first floor contains computer resources reserved for this special constituency.
- The Fine Arts collection contains extensive holdings of recordings, multimedia CDs, as well as audiotapes, videotapes, and DVDs.
- The Education collection contains journals, K-12 curriculum materials, the ERIC microfiche collection, a special teaching collection of children's books, as well as computer workstations.
- The Periodicals division occupies two large rooms on the Concourse level and holds current print journal titles, bound volumes, and microfilm equipment for older materials.
- Special Collections encompasses College records, rare books, and the Bronx Institute Archives (local oral histories, books, atlases, photographs and documents).
- A limited number of Group Study Rooms are available for small groups of students.
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011