COVID-19 Q & A
The Office of Registrar is currently offering many remote services to students in order to keep everyone as safe as possible during this difficult time. We know that you have many questions, and we will do our best to provide you with as many answers as possible. Kindly note, that the situation is fluid, and we will continue to update this page as we receive new information. We appreciate your patience as we seek answers to your questions.
How can I contact someone at the Registrar’s Office?
The best way to contact someone at the Registrar’s Office is via email. Allow 1-2 business days to receive a response from our staff.
- For questions about Graduation: Graduation.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about Records and Transcripts: Records.email@example.com
- For questions about DegreeWorks: Degreeworks.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about ePermit: Epermit.email@example.com
- For questions about TAP: TAP.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about FACTS: FACTS.email@example.com
- For questions about Excelsior: Excersior.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other Registrar inquiries: Registrar.email@example.com
How do I submit documents to the office?
Documents can be submitted using the Document Upload feature in CUNYfirst Student Self Service. For instructions on how to upload your documents to the Office of the Registrar, click here. Detailed information can be found on the Student Records page of our website.
When can I apply for Spring or Summer graduation?
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2020 graduation was on March 31st. If you would like to apply as a late candidate for Spring 2020, kindly email our Graduation Audit Unit at Graduation.Audit@Lehman.Cuny.Edu. When emailing our office, kindly ensure you use your student email account and include your name and your 8-digit EMPLID.
The Summer 2020 graduation application period is open from April 1st to May 1st. You may apply online in CUNYfirst via your Student Center.
Are there any updates regarding the commencement ceremony?
Regrettably, our commencement ceremony has been postponed. All updates regarding the Commencement Ceremony will be posted on the dedicate COVID-19 website. Students may also check the Commencement Ceremony webpage for additional updates.
How can I obtain my diploma?
For students who graduated on January 2020, February 2020, May 2020 and are expected to graduate in September 2020, diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address on CUNYfirst. Kindly make sure your contact information, address, email and telephone, are up to date. Monitor your LC email for important updates to include diploma information.
For students who graduated prior to January 2020:
In light of the increasing concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 and our desire to keep everyone safe, Lehman College’s Office of the Registrar has transitioned to remote operations. Kindly monitor the Lehman College website for updates on when the College will reopen. Once the college reopens, your diploma may be obtained through one of the following methods:
- You may pick-up your diploma in the Office of the Registrar, Shuster Hall Room 102.
- You may send someone in your place. The individual must bring the completed Authorization Letter for Diploma Pick-up, a valid government issued photo ID and a copy of the student’s valid government or Lehman issued photo ID.
- You may bring or mail in a request to have your diploma mailed to your home or work. Please send a Diploma Mailing Request with a 9 ½ x 12 ½ Padded Priority Mailer from the U.S Post Office, self-addressed and prepaid.
NOTE: Your diploma will be held at the Office of the Registrar if you have a Negative Service Indicator on your student record.
How do I request for an official transcript?
For instructions for ordering a transcript, click here. If you are currently enrolled student or were previously enrolled in the last semester or so, you can log into your CUNYfirst account and order a transcript through the Student Center.
For instructions, refer to Current Students section, using the link above.
- If you are a former student or alumni who used CUNYfirst previously, you can sign into CUNYfirst and follow the same instructions covered for current students (click link above for instructions).
- If you are former student or alumni that has not used CUNYfirst or is unable to order the transcript through CUNYfirst, you can order directly through CUNY’s transcript page by clicking the link above. We encourage students to select the PDF Transcript order option when possible.
Can I request my transcript to be mailed or send in a transcript request form via mail?
Transcript requests that have the 1st class mail delivery as an option for requests submitted via mail will experience delays in processing as our office is working remotely. All paper transcript requests will be processed in the order in which they are received, once the offices reopen. We encourage all students to use the PDF option where applicable.
When does Summer and Fall 2020 registration begin?
Registration for the Summer 2020 term begins on April 6th. Registration for the Fall 2020 term begins on April 13th.
All students should review their CUNYfirst account to see their specific enrollment appointment for each term. For instructions on how to view your enrollment appointment, click here. For updates regarding the Summer and Fall registration dates and other important dates and deadlines, you may view the Academic Calendars.
Are Summer courses being offered in person, on the college campus or online?
Due to COVID-19, Lehman College is offering Fully-Online classes for All Summer sessions. There are two different ways for Fully-Online offerings which are:
- Synchronous Online: Synchronous online courses resemble traditional on-campus college classes in that students must be (virtually) present at the same time. Though they are conducted over the Internet and synchronous courses unfold in real-time. Students must commit to scheduled class times and sign onto their virtual learning platform on schedule. During these courses, students will watch video lessons and slideshow presentations and even have virtual class discussions
- Asynchronous Online: Asynchronous online courses, on the other hand, do not require you to log in to your virtual classroom at a specified time. Students do not have to stick to a strict schedule to engage in live classes or discussions.
How will synchronous/ asynchronous courses appear in CUNYfirst?
For more information on how each type of course will appear in CUNYfirst, click here to view our informational guide. A webpage has been created dedicated to Synchronous and Asynchronous courses, which provides detailed definitions.
Do I still register for courses online in CUNYfirst?
Yes. Registration has not been impacted by COVID-19 and students can enroll for courses through the Student Center in CUNYfirst. As previously mentioned, students should review their CUNYfirst account to see their specific enrollment appointment for each term. Your enrollment appointment date and time denotes when you have access to enroll for courses in CUNYfirst. This date and time cannot be modified or changed.
I need to retake a course I previously earned a grade of D. How do I enroll into the course?
A grade of “D” is still considered a passing grade, therefore students will not be able to enroll on their own in CUNYfirst and our office will need to enroll students on their behalf. Students should send an email to Registrar.Office@lehman.cuny.edu with your name, and 8-digit CUNYfirst ID (EMPLID). The course that you want to repeat must be in your shopping cart so our staff can enroll the course on your behalf.
I need to retake a course I previously earned a grade of C- or better. How do I enroll into the course?
Similar to a grade of “D”, students who earned a grade of C- or better is still considered a passing grade. Students will need to obtain permission from Office of Academic Advisement to repeat a course in which a grade of C- or better was earned. Once permission is obtained, students should send an email to Registrar.Office@lehman.cuny.edu with your name, and 8-digit CUNYfirst ID (EMPLID). The course that you want to repeat must be in your shopping cart so our staff can enroll the course on your behalf.
I want to enroll into a course that is currently full. How do I enroll into the course?
Students should contact the department of the respective course to obtain permission for closed courses. Any permission granted for any course should be placed in CUNYfirst by the department to facilitate enrollment. The Office of the Registrar does not issue permission for courses under any circumstances.
I want to enroll into a course that requires permission to enroll. How do I enroll into the course?
Students should contact the department of the respective course to obtain permission for courses that require department consent. Any permission granted for any course should be placed in CUNYfirst by the department to facilitate enrollment. The Office of the Registrar does not issue permission for courses under any circumstances.
When is the last day to withdraw from a course in the Spring 2020 term?
The deadline to withdraw from a course with a grade of W has been extended to May 14th. Students may withdraw from their courses online via their CUNYfirst account. For instructions on how to withdraw from courses, click here.
When is the last day to resolve INC grades earned in the Fall 2019 term?
The deadline to resolve INC grades earned in the Fall 2019 term has been extended to August 30th. For any updates regarding these deadlines, you may view the Academic Calendars.
When is the last day to resolve INC grades earned in the Spring 2020 term?
The deadline to resolve INC grades earned in the Spring 2020 term has been extended to December 23rd. For any updates regarding these deadlines, you may view the Academic Calendars.
I want to take an ePermit at another institution. How do I obtain permission to do so?
- To take an ePermit at another CUNY college: Students will need to initiate an ePermit request for approval in CUNYfirst. For instructions, click here. All permits require approval from the respective academic department before the permit is processed in the Office of the Registrar.
- To take an ePermit at a non-CUNY college: Students will need to complete a Non-CUNY Permit Application. To complete the application, click here. Return the completed form to ePermit.Registrar@lehman.cuny.edu.
New York State TAP
HESC has created a FAQs for students to address how they have adapted their policies and operations to meet the challenges of COVID-19. For more information, visit the website.
Excelsior Scholarship & Awards
The opening date for the 2020-21 Excelsior Scholarship application has not yet been determined. Sign up to receive updates on the 2020-21 Excelsior Scholarship.