Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Curricular Practical Training is authorization for employment that is an "integral" part of the established curriculum of your degree program. CPT is not available to all F-1 students because it is dependent on the academic requirements of your program.
General Eligibility Requirements:
1. You must be in lawful F-1 status for one academic year (two consecutive full-time terms)
2. A degree candidate (not an ESL student)
3. Have a job offer as part of the application
CPT can be used only during the academic program.
General Time Limits (subject to change depending on individual situations):
You are allowed to engage in CPT work:
1) Part-time (20 hours per week or less) during regular full-time semesters (Spring & Fall)
2) Full-time when school is not in session or over the summer
For addional information, questions and CPT authorization request process, please contact an International Student Advisor.