Keeping your stay in the USA legal

I-20 Transfer Procedure
Change of Address Form
Extension of Stay
Reinstatement to F-1 status
Travel & Reentry

Have a valid passport. If expired contact your home country consul in New York     or Washington D.C.
Have a Lehman College SEVIS I-20 that reflects current information.
Register for a full-time course of study each semester.
              Graduate 9 credits
              Undergraduate 12 credits

Complete your degree program by the date stated on your I-20. If you are unable     to complete by that date, see the International Student Services Coordinator.
If you change majors or program levels you must get a new I-20.
If you have attended another school (in the USA) before transferring to Lehman College, you will need to complete the USCIS transfer process by getting a new SEVIS I-20 from Lehman College.
On-campus employment must be authorized by the International Student     Services Coordinator.
Off-campus employment is NOT allowed unless recommended by the International Student Services Coordinator and authorized by Immigration.
If you travel outside the USA have your I-20 signed by the International Student Services Coordinator for reentry.
A change of address must be done through the International Student Service's Office. Changing your address with the Registrarís Office will not satisfy Immigration requirements.

The International Student Services Coordinator at Lehman College is located in Shuster Hall, Room 210 will be happy to assist you if any of this information is unclear.


Update: July 14, 2009