Travel & Reentry

Keeping you stay in USA legal
I-20 Transfer Procedure
Change of Address Form
Extension of Stay
Reinstatement to F-1 status
Travel & Reentry

Procedure for F-1 students at a U.S. Port of Entry

Documents you should carry on your person:

1. Valid passport. Passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date     of your expected stay.
2. Valid visa. Be sure it reflects your F-1 visa status.
3. Current I-20 with International Student Services Coordinator's signature for re-entry. Signature is good for 6 months (each semester). that you get it signed each term.
4. Financial documents. Take recent financial information with you.
5. Verification of enrollment. Recent Bursar’s receipt or transcript.
6. Name and contact information for the International Student Services Coordinator at Lehman College.
7. If you are on Practical Training—your EAD card, a letter from your employer, and     signature on your I-20 for re-entry.
8. Have a pen with you so you can write, sign, etc.

Even if you are traveling within the USA, it is important that you have some of the above documents with you. You maybe asked for identification especially if you are traveling by air. You do not need my signature if you are traveling within the U.S.A.


Update: July 13, 2009