Transfer Student Information
Welcome to the Anthropology Department! Transfer students may begin Anthropology majors any semester. The department has two majors: (1) a B.A. in Anthropology and (2) a B.S. Interdisciplinary Concentration in Anthropology, Biology, and Chemistry (informally, ABC).
Pre-Transfer Advising Tips
Here are some helpful tips so that you can be as prepared as possible when you transfer to Lehman. For all departmental majors,
- Visit the Virtual Transfer Center for some additional resources.
For the B.A. in Anthropology,
- Some prior coursework in Anthropology is good but not necessary.
For the B.S. Interdisciplinary Concentration in Anthropology, Biology, and Chemistry (ABC) major,
- If you are planning a health professions career, make an appointment with the Office of Pre-Health Advising as soon as possible.
- It is useful to have taken precalculus, which is a pre-requisite for required courses in the major.
- Most labs are in person, so please be prepared to come to campus!
If you haven’t applied to Lehman College yet, please go the Admissions Office website for more information on transfer requirements and the application process.
Once you have been accepted you will receive detailed information from the Admissions Office regarding the next steps toward becoming enrolled at Lehman. Please note that this process does take some time, so apply to transfer as early as possible! You can schedule a departmental advising session after your transfer credit evaluation (TCE) is complete and you have completed the onboarding process.
We hope to see you on campus or online soon!