Faculty - Herbert R. Broderick, III
- Western art and architecture from ancient Greece and Rome to the 17th Century.
- The iconography of the Old Testament in medieval art, especially medieval manuscript illiumination, and the relationship of apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, and rabbinica to Christian art.
- Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London/ F.S.A.
- Lehman College Teacher of the Year Award (2001-2002)
- Honorary Member, Golden Key National Honor Society
- Fellowship for Independent Study and Research from the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Whiting Fellow in the Humanities, Columbia University
- Broderick, H.R., Moses the Egyptian in the Illustrated Old English Hexateuch (London, British Library Cotton MS Claudius B.iv). University of Notre Dame Press, 2017.
- Broderick, H.R., "The Illustrated Old English Hexateuch (London, British Library Cotton MS Claudius B.iv)." In Oxford Bibliographies, edited by Paul E. Szarmach et al., 2017. www.oxfordbibliographies.com.
- Broderick, H.R., "The Veil of Moses as Exegetical Image in the Illustrated Old English Hexateuch (London, B.L. Cotton Ms. Claudius B.iv)," in C. Hourihane, ed., Insular & Anglo-Saxon Art & Thought in the Early Medieval Period. Princeton, 2011, pp. 271-285
- Broderick, H.R., - review of Foys, M.K., et al., The Bayeux Tapestry: New Interpretations. Woodbridge, 2009 in Studies in Iconography, 32, (2011), pp. 199-201
- Broderick III, Herbert R. (2009, October). "Metatextuality, sexuality and intervisuality in MS Junius 11." Word & Image, 25(4), 384-401.
- Broderick, H.R., "The Influence of Anglo-Saxon Genesis Iconography on Later English Medieval Art," in P.E. Szarmach, et al., The Preservation and Transmission of Anglo-Saxon Culture. Kalamazoo, 1997, 211-242.
- Additional articles have appeared in Scriptorium, GESTA, Artibus et Historiae, Byzantion, Studies in Iconography, and Zeitschrift für Kunstgeschichte.