Information for Prospective and Current Biology Students
Find Information and Forms (Click on the + Sign to View)
Repeat a course for a better grade.
- The Bio Department does not give permission for repeating any biology courses.
- To repeat a biology course, submit an electronic Course Repeat Request online via your Lehman 360.
- On your Lehman 360 Dashboard on the left-hand side, you will see “Course Repeat Request”. Once you click on it you will select “New Request” and complete the requested information.
- After the request is submitted it will be forwarded to the respective advisement unit for approval and then sent to our office for processing.
- For additional questions contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Claim Your Lehman 360 account
- Submit an iDeclare request to declare your major/minor
- Remove a hold on your account by contacting an academic advisor
- Find information about Financial Aid, TAP, and Bursar.
- Meet virtually with other departments and offices
- Access your Lehman student email (use the same credentials as Lehman 360, except there is an @lc.cuny.edu after your username)
- Search for and register for courses in CUNYfirst
- Submit an e-permit and cancel an e-permit
- Find courses at other CUNY colleges that are equivalent to Lehman Courses
- Transfer your credits to Lehman (via TCE on Lehman 360): Contact Admissions
- Find answers by reading the FAQs designed for biology students.
Graduate with Departmental Honors? (Click on the + Sign to View)
- Achieve a cumulative index of 3.2 and an index of 3.5 in the biology major for a minimum of 24 credits of courses taken at Lehman College.
- Satisfactory completion of Bio 490 with a faculty mentor.
Get Involved in Research (Click on the + Sign to View)
- Become familiar with a biology or other science faculty research by reading some of their published work on the departmental websites.
- Select biology or other science faculty with whom you want to do research.
- While taking a course with the faculty or during academic events, show your knowledge and motivation for research, and display good work ethics, conscientiousness, and diligence in following through with academic projects
- Express your interest in research to the faculty either in person or via email.
- With faculty permission, register for Bio 489 or Bio 490. Note that faculty permission is required to take these research-based courses.
- Research Scholarships are also available for eligible students through the New York City Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program and for juniors pursuing doctoral programs in biomedical sciences through the Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE).
Find Internships/Scholarships/Jobs/Events (Click on the + Sign to View)
Join the Lehman College Biology Majors Organization on Blackboard to find the most updated information on internships, scholarships, jobs, and events designed for biology majors.
Meet a Biology Advisor (Click on the + Sign to View)
- Access the website for the Department of Biological Sciences.
- On the home page, select the Student Advising Link.
- Follow the instructions on the page to find and meet with an advisor.
- View Information for Students to check for answers to your questions.
Guides to Success in Biology (Click on the + Sign to View)
- Access the website for the Department of Biological Sciences
- On the home page, select the “Student Success” tab.
- Scroll to read:
- Join Student Clubs and Honor Societies to Promote Success
- Follow Guidelines for Success in Biology
- Seek Help and Remain informed
- Follow Guidelines for Finding a Career in Biology
- What You Can Do with a Biology Degree
- If Undecided, Follow Guidelines for Choosing a Major