Transfer Student Information
Welcome to the Department of Biological Sciences! Transfer students may begin the Biology major any semester. If you are looking for a career in biotechnology, ecology and conservation, clinical research, or if you are interested in attending medical school, the Biology major is a great option for you!
Pre-Transfer Advising Tips
Here are some helpful tips so that you can be as prepared as possible when you transfer to Lehman:
- The Biology major has prerequisite courses that include two semesters of general biology. We encourage students to have already completed General Biology 1 and 2 prior to transferring (but if you haven’t completed them, it is not a problem). A grade of C or higher is recommended in the prerequisite courses for the major.
- Genetics is a course that many students transfer. If you are still enrolled at another college and planning ahead, this would be a good course to take.
- The Biology major requires Calculus, so having taken that or Precalculus prior to transferring is helpful (but not required).
- The Biology BS program has 4 tracks: Biomedical Sciences, Organismic Sciences, Brain Sciences and Bioenvironmental Sciences and we have a BA program in Middle and Secondary Education. Please visit our undergraduate program page for more information.
- Our labs are in person, so please be prepared to come to campus!
- Visit the Virtual Transfer Center for some additional resources.
- There are several student clubs that are associated with the Biology Department, if you want to know more about the life at Lehman, or just to make friends at your new home, feel free to contact the Biology Club or our local chapter of the TriBeta honor society.
If you haven’t applied to Lehman College yet, please go the Admissions Office website for more information on transfer requirements and the application process.
Once you have been accepted you will receive detailed information from the Admissions Office regarding the next steps toward becoming enrolled at Lehman. Please note that this process does take some time, so apply to transfer as early as possible! After attending your general education advising session, transfer credit evaluation (TCE) and completed the onboarding process, you can schedule a departmental advising session HERE.
We hope to see you on campus or online soon!