Bloomberg Finance & Business Lab
Bloomberg Finance and Business Lab is open to students, faculty and staff.
Bloomberg was founded in 1981 by Michael Bloomberg as “a global provider of 24-hour financial news and information, including real-time and historic price data, financials data, trading news, and analyst coverage, as well as general news and sports.” (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bloomberg.asp)
Bloomberg Terminal, also known as the Bloomberg Professional Service, is a software and computer system that gives real-time global financial data, news, and messages (15 minute time delay). It allows financial professionals the ability to track and analyze breaking news while also to facilitate the placement of financial transactions, such as stock and options trades.
Through this lab, Lehman students have:
- Full access to these terminals that provide the same information and technology that business and finance professionals use to make real-world decisions which include:
New York Stock Exchange, financial data and ratios, vital information about how any publicly traded company functions, current and historical data, predictive data to forecast the future, insights into a company’s finances, organization of employees and the C-suite, and various economics data
- Students can participate in Bloomberg to learn to manage their own investment portfolios.
- Participate in Bloomberg Trading Challenge (https://assets.bbhub.io/professional/sites/10/Trading-Challenge_Info.pdf)
- Get Bloomberg Market Concepts certification (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/bloomberg-market-concepts/), highly valued in the financial industry. This certification can be obtained in BBA 207, a class that requires students to complete the Bloomberg Market Concepts certification. This certification program takes approximately eight hours to complete.
- Get Bloomberg Environmental Social Governance Certificate
To obtain Bloomberg BMC or ESG certifications
When students complete their BMC or ESG certificates, they can navigate to the "certificates" tab on the Education Platform > from here, they can either select "Bloomberg Market Concepts" or "Environmental, Social, Governance" Certificate > provided they have successfully completed all necessary modules, there is a verification link that shows from here > All verification links will start with "portal.bloombergforeducation.com/certificates".
Lab Opening Hours
The Bloomberg Open Lab is open to all members of the Lehman community during the regular hours designated for the Open Lab:https://libcal.lehman.edu/calendar/bloomberg
No reservations are required for open lab spots. Students gain access on a first come first serve basis. The only exception to the regular schedule (M, T, W, Th, Saturday 11AM-2PM and 3PM-6PM) is when the Lab is booked for instruction for School of Business classes. Finance, and Business School, students have priority to Bloomberg terminals during busy periods.
Lab Usage Policies
The Open Lab policies can be found here: https://asklib.lehman.edu/policies/faq/379598