Clinically Rich Intensive Teacher Institute – Bilingual Extension
We are pleased to inform you of the Clinically Rich Intensive Teacher Institute – Bilingual Extension (CR-ITI-BE) grant program now being offered at Lehman College. As the multilingual student population increases and NYS continues to increase funding for bilingual programs, demand for qualified bilingual teachers also increases. Qualified bilingual teachers play a critical role in supporting students’ progress. The Lehman College Clinically Rich Intensive Teacher Institute (CR-ITI) is a 12-month program (July–June, 15 credits), subsidized by a grant from NYSED, and open to eligible candidates seeking Bilingual Extension. The program is open to full-time certified teachers assigned to work in a bilingual program for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic year(s). The program includes two Summer classes (2022, fully online), along with one class and one seminar in the upcoming Fall (2022) and Spring (2023) semesters.
Tutition & Other Support
- The CR-ITI BE program covers $300 of the $470 credit for in-state tuition ($855/credit out-of-state tuition). Candidates are responsible for the rest of tuition + college-related fees, books, BEA exam fee, and application fee.
- Supervision and feedback from experienced bilingual faculty members for two years.
- Support in passing the Bilingual Education Assessment (BEA)
For more detailed information about the CR-ITI program please view the flyer linked here.
Who can Apply?
Eligibility requirements are:
- Hold NYSED teacher certification to teach in any academic teaching area (grades B-12) other than ESOL and Foreign Language (the Bilingual Extension does NOT extend these two certifications).
- Be bilingual/biliterate in a home language other than English.
- Be working full-time and assigned to teach in a bilingual program for two academic years (2022-2024)
- Complete all required applications for admission, matriculation, graduation, and certification.
- Commit to the course schedules for Summer/ Fall/ Spring, no exceptions.
- Register for and pass the Bilingual Education Assessment (BEA) exam and complete any missing teacher certification workshops prior to applying for certification.
- Demet Arpacık, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add your name and email to our mailing list to receive recruitment information.