A unique and highly regarded graduate teaching facility, The Speech and Hearing Center at Lehman College provides state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic services to individuals in the NYC Metropolitan area and to members of the Lehman community who have speech, language, hearing, feeding, and swallowing deficits. Services are delivered by graduate-student clinicians under the close supervision of Clinical Educators, who are speech-language pathologists certified by ASHA (the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association) and licensed by New York State. The Center also serves as a laboratory for undergraduate and graduate students in Speech-Language and Hearing Sciences and faculty doing applied clinical research in the areas of accent management, aphasia treatment, bilingualism, language and literacy, and early childhood intervention.
Facility/ServicesLocated in the Speech and Theatre Building, Room B50, the Center is well-equipped to deliver a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to all populations across the lifespan in both individual and group sessions. Among the clinics and/or services offered are:
- Adult Neurogenic Communication Disorders Clinic
- School-Aged Literacy and Bilingual Literacy Clinic
- Across the Lifespan Clinic
- Early Childhood Clinic in EI Academic Partnership with NYC DOH Early Intervention Program
- Early Childhood Diagnostics in EI Academic Partnership with NYC DOH Early Intervention Program
- Early Childhood Bilingual Diagnostics in the EI Academic Partnership with NYC DOH Early Intervention Program
- Pre-School Clinic
- Hearing Screenings
- Specialized services in Literacy, Fluency, Motor Speech Disorders,Parkinson's Disease, Autism Intervention, Voice and Accent Management
- Summer Services -- Six Weeks:
Across the Lifespan Clinic
Early Childhood Diagnostics in Academic Partnership with the NYC DOH Early Intervention Program
Letters and Literacy: Story Time for Little Ones
All treatment services are at no cost to our clients. Please take a look at our Speech and Hearing Center brochure here.
Individualized and comprehensive evaluations in speech, language, literacy, and feeding are offered for children and adults. Our services include assessment of monolingual and bilingual speakers and are at no cost to our clients.
Audiological evaluations include screenings for hearing performed during Speech and Language Evaluations and are at no cost to our clients.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday, 10am - 6pm through the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Across-the-Lifespan evaluations are conducted Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6 to 9 pm. On Friday mornings, we conduct evaluations from 10 am -1 pm for children 0-5 years as part of our EI Academic Partnership with NYC DOH Academic Partnership in Early Intervention.