Resources for Students
Jobs and Internships
NSS Department Job Links
- The Department of Earth, Environmental, and Geospatial Sciences has employment resources related to their majors. Get more information here.
- The Department of Economics and Business has partnered with the Careet Exploration & Development Center to launch a Career Success Initiative. Funding for this program is provided by the CUNY Career Innovation Fund.The initiative is open to all students, with an emphasis on students interested in pursuing or advancing careers in the areas of Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, and Human Resources Management. Get more info here.
General Internship Information
- Please see CUNY’s list of internships.
- Lehman's Careet Exploration & Development Center can help you find an internship that's right for you. Please contact them here.
- 311 Jobs & Internships: Looking for a job/internship that works around your schedule? Become a part-time Call Taker at NYC 311 through CUNY/311 project, a collaboration between DoITT and CUNY. Gain hands on experience and learn about City services by helping your fellow New Yorkers. Learn more and apply here.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of University Programs sponsors summer internship program for students majoring in homeland security related science, technology, engineering and mathematics (HS-STEM) disciplines. Get more information.
- The U.S. Department of Energy is accepting applications for its Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program. More information can be found here.
- WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. They are hiring for a variety of internships and full-time positions. To learn more about the open roles and to submit an application, visit their site.
- The application is now open for internships with the Office of the Mayor. Their are a variety of open roles. To learn more and apply, visit the Office of the Mayor's website.
- The CUNY Career Success Team recently put together a 1-page job resource. Check it out HERE to see 10 different websites to search for job and internship opportunities based on your career interests.
- Opportunities at NYC Division of Energy Management: The New York City Division of Energy Management (DEM) serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations and is charged with leading the city's efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. DEM is currently looking to fill 10+ positions with more to be announced soon. Check out this document to learn more about full-time work opportunities. Interested applicants can apply on the city's website here using job ID number for specific roles.
- The Downtown Brooklyn area has seen an influx of tech companies and startups over the last several years. Downtown Brooklyn Partnerships has built this job board to help connect students and recent graduates to internship and job opportunities. The job board will be updated as new opportunities become available, so make sure to check it out regularly.
- Tutor Corps is a partnership between CUNY, the Office of the Mayor, and the NYC Department of Education. This summer they are looking for students to support STEM enrichment camps and/or Extended School Year classrooms. Tutors are paid $17/hour and work for 19 hours per week. You can learn more about the CUNY Tutor Corps program on their website.
- Revature: The largest employer of technology talent in the country