STEM Research Academy
DNA Detectives - Science Course for High School Sophomores and Juniors
This course is designed for highly motivated high school sophomores and juniors with strong interest in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields. It is a genetics course that focuses on the use of DNA in solving forensic mysteries and its role in biodiversity and conservation laws.
DNA Detectives is a high school credit course offered in the Spring semesters, which leads to our college-credit Summer Science Academy or a Summer Research Internship. With successful completion of this course along with the additional eligibility requirements, students will qualify for either:
- A science course (3-6 college credits depending on the course), OR
- A 1 college-credit Research Internship and a stipend
To qualify for the STEM Research Academy, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a NYC public high school sophomore or junior
- Have 80+ in overall HS Average
- Have 70+ on one Common Core Math Regents
- Must have passed all other required Math, Science and History Regents exams to date
In addition, students must:
- Have successfully completed all other HS requirements by registration date
- Be committed to both Spring and Summer semesters (summer semester runs from July to August)
Please note that there are additional requirements for courses in the Summer Science Academy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 718-960-8932.