The application process for almost all federal, state, local and college financial aid programs begins with the filing of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application. Once you have completed the FAFSA application, you should then be directed to complete the NYS TAP Application. If you were not directed to the NYS website, please click here to begin the TAP Application.
Follow these 4 steps to help you through the Financial Aid process:
1. Get a FSA ID in order to sign your FAFSA application. If you are a dependent student, your parent will need one as well.
2. Complete the FAFSA application.
3. Submit any required documents (you can view this in your CUNYfirst Tasks and Holds section)
4. Check your Financial Aid status (you can view this in your CUNYfirst Student Center)
5. If you graduated from a High School that is not part of the NYC DOE please submit proof of High School Completion to the Undergraduate Admissions office. You will need this on file in order to receive Financial Aid.