Federal Work Study Program
The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for Undergraduate and Graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to your course of study.
In order to be placed for a Federal Work Study job for the current Academic Year, you must have Received and Accepted your 2022-2023 Federal Work Study Award. This is part of your Financial Aid Award Offer Letter. To view, you must log on to your CUNYfirst account and under View Financial Aid for Aid Year 2023, you must Accept your Federal Work Study Award. Federal Work Study Placement is set to begin the week of September 26, 2022 for the Fall 2022 Semester. If you have already Accepted your 2022-23 Federal Work Study Award, you will be receiving additional information regarding the Job Placement procedure. If you have not received a Federal Work Study Award for the 2022-23 year, and would like to be placed on the waitlist, please visit this page during the third week of October 2022, for more information.
• Federal Work-Study students who are both enrolled and working in-person, must maintain a minimum in-person enrollment level of 6 credits in order to continue earning their FWS award.
• A student enrolled remotely is only permitted to earn their FWS award in a remote-only position, both on and off campus, provided they maintain a minimum enrollment of 6 credits.
- Example: Student is enrolled for 12 credits (6 remote, 6 in-person). Student receives WA VAX grades for 6 in-person credits. The student may continue to work remotely on and off-campus. The student is not permitted to work in –person, whether on or off-campus.
Listed below are links designed to assist you in understanding how the Federal Work Study Program works at Lehman College.
- Federal Work Study Placement Procedure
- Federal Work Study Timesheet Schedule and Check Distribution Calendar (PDF)
- Federal Work Study Timesheet Schedule Accessible Text-Only Version
- Sign up for Direct Deposit
For all Federal Work Study Inquiries, Contact Us via Email (email@example.com). Please include your Full Name, EMPLID, Contact Informaton and allow 5-7 Business Days for a response.