Federal Work Study Program
The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for Undergraduate and Graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to their course of study.
In order to be placed for a Federal Work Study job for the current Academic Year, students must have Received and Accepted their 2023-2024 Federal Work Study Award. This is part of the Financial Aid Award Offer Letter.
To view, students must follow the instructions below:
- Log on to their CUNYfirst account
- click on Student Center tile
- click on Finance
- click on View Financial Aid
- select Aid Year 2024
- Accept their Federal Work Study Award.
Federal Work Study Placement for the Fall 2023 Semester will begin in October 2023 (further information will be provided after the start of the Fall 2023 semester). Students who have not received a Federal Work Study Award for the 2023-24 year, and would like to be placed on the waitlist, please visit this page, on or after October 23, 2023 to submit an official request. Since funds are limited, requests will be evaluated in the order they are received.
- Federal Work-Study students who are both enrolled and working in-person, must maintain a minimum in-person enrollment level of 6 credits in order to continue earning their FWS award.
Listed below are links designed to assist students with understanding how the Federal Work Study Program works at Lehman College.
- Students who have already Accepted a 2023-24 Federal Work-Study award and would like to apply for a job, please visit our Employment Website beginning October 2023 (or upon receiving Placement Notification).
- Federal Work-Student FAQ's
- For all On-Campus Supervisors who need access to our Employment Website, please click here.
For all Federal Work Study Inquiries, Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must include their Full Name, EMPLID, Contact Informaton and allow 5-7 Business Days for a response.