The Office of Assessment is a unit housed within the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Assessment. The Office supports the College's mission of providing students with a high quality education by supporting assessment processes that improve student learning and development. Through facilitation of planned, meaningful, and ongoing assessments, the office strives to foster a culture of continuous improvement to enhance academic program and administrative and educational support units.
- Consult with and provide support to faculty in devising and implementing program-level assessments plans
- Coordinate assessments of institutional learning outcomes (ILOs)
- Serve as a general resource on assessment issues
- Communicate assessment activities to the college community
- Keep abreast of best-practices in learning outcomes assessment
- Investigate technological resources to facilitate efficient assessment efforts
- Support efforts to ensure accreditation standards are met